Retirement & Benefits Specialist
Title: Federal HR Retirement & Benefits Specialist
Location: Remote or onsite, as required by the client
We are looking for passionate, experienced Federal Retirement and Benefits Specialists who thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
At GovStrive, we are committed and passionate about helping our federal clients improve their HR organizations’ operational effectiveness and customer service, while ensuring compliance with federal regulations. We help them transform their processes, data and systems to make better decisions for their organization and function more efficiently and cost effectively – all while supporting agency missions.
This is an opportunity to work for a fast-growing company that cares about the personal success of and invests in the professional development of our employees.
Join a growing team of dedicated professionals that will challenge you to do the best work of your life.
As a member of the Managed Services team the Retirement and Benefit Specialist will provide guidance and counseling to employees concerning their rights and benefits.
- Provide guidance, consultation, and assistance to employees, managers, annuitants, eligible family members, former employees, survivors, and beneficiaries regarding a variety of benefits such as federal retirement, Voluntary Early Retirement Authority (VERA), group life insurance, health benefits, thrift savings plan, long term care, flexible spending, and related programs
- Monitor benefits program such as FEGLI, FEHB, FERS, CSRS, or TSP, following proposed changes to legislation and/or regulations and ensures staff members are kept current of changes
- Develop and conduct internal training sessions and seminars
- Provide direct counseling to management, employees, retirees, and family members on benefit program entitlements/options and on interpretations of the laws, regulations and policies, program coverage, options, and advantages and disadvantages of benefits
- Review a variety of computations, applications, claims, reports, and other supporting documentation for completeness, accuracy, validity and compliance with law and regulation
- Verify and correct retirement codes, providing associated counseling and required corrective actions(s)
- Compute deposits, re-deposits, military deposits service and part-time service after 04/07/86
- Process retirement actions (including employee counseling, SCD recalculations, retirement estimates, etc.) with NFC
- Provide verification of prior service which may be creditable toward civil service (e.g., military, Post Office, Peace Corps service under the Non-appropriated funds Instrumentality, D.C. Government, etc.), which includes providing information and advice concerning contribution, refunds, and designations of beneficiaries
- Provide advice and guidance related to eligibility for coverage, interpretation of rules and regulations, changes made by OPM in processing procedures for the Federal Employees Benefits Program
Required Education & Experience:
- 3 years’ specialized experience in Federal Retirement and Benefits
- VERA/VSIP experience
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
GovStrive offers a culture that supports work-life balance and invests in our employees’ development and personal growth. GovStrive offers a comprehensive benefit package, including PTO, healthcare, matching 401K, flexible hours and a collaborative work environment.