Personnel Security Specialist
Title: Personnel Security Specialist
Location: Albuquerque, NM; Dublin GA; Metro DC
We are looking for passionate, experienced Personnel Security Specialists who thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
At GovStrive, we are committed and passionate about helping our federal clients better understand the needs of their workforce and support their critical operational priorities for Human Resources. We help them transform their processes, data and systems to make better decisions for their organization -- all while supporting agency missions.
This is an opportunity to work for a fast-growing company that cares about the personal success of and invests in the professional development of our employees. Join a growing team of dedicated professionals that will challenge you to do the best work of your life.
As a member of the Managed Services team the Personnel Security Specialist will complete the applicant pre-employment review process to initiate a background investigation.
- Verify an individual selected for federal employment or contract performance has a prior background investigation and/or security clearance as outlined in the Government Security Manual leveraging the OPM Clearance Verification System, PIPS and OSP’s case management system.
- Obtain prior investigations conducted by OPM, the Federal Bureau of Investigations, Department of Defense, and other investigative agencies as needed for adjudication
- Initiate individuals in the OPM’s Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-QIP) and ensure the completeness of the security questionnaires (i.e., SF85, SF85P, SF86)
- Coordinate periodic reinvestigations as outlined in the Government security manual for all federal employees and candidates using e-QIP
- Provide information regarding requirements for personnel security investigations and clearances, interpretation of personnel security regulations, and adjudicative guidelines
- Manage case inventory and ensure that all work is performed according to contractual requirements and performance standards
- Process and manage incoming and outgoing security clearance certifications and verifications
Required Experience & Education:
- Minimum level of investigation of a Tier 3 (former NACLC/ANACI) or Tier 4 (High Risk Public Trust)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in personnel security, with experience in supporting all relevant laws, regulations, and orders relevant to personnel security
GovStrive offers a culture that supports work-life balance and invests in our employees’ development and personal growth. GovStrive offers a comprehensive benefit package, including PTO, healthcare, matching 401K, flexible hours, and a collaborative work environment.
*** To apply, please go to govstrive.com and click careers to submit your resume.