HR Specialist - Classification
Title: Federal HR Classification Specialist
Location: Remote or onsite, as required by the client
We are looking for passionate, experienced Federal HR Classification Specialists who thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
At GovStrive, we are committed and passionate about helping our federal clients better understand the needs of their workforce and support their critical operational priorities for HR. We help them transform their processes, data and systems to make better decisions for their organization -- all while supporting agency missions.
Join a growing team of dedicated professionals that will challenge you to do the best work of your life.
As a member of the Managed Services team the Classification Specialist will provide professional support and/or technical assistance in areas of Federal HR Classification.
- Provide staff level expert advisory and consultative services on significant position classification problems or issues involving single organizational elements
- Classify position descriptions using Federal classification and job grading systems to determine the proper title, occupational series, and grade.
- Draft Position Descriptions (PDs), review, and make recommendations for corrections on already drafted PDs to help support the requested title, series, and grade
- Evaluate and make recommendations to resolve difficult issues involving complex, controversial or unusual situations
- Participates in position reviews/desk audits by interviewing employees and/or supervisors, reviewing existing records, and preparing a written report making recommendations of any changes seen
- Assist in the implementation of new position classification standards. Survey positions affected, determine appropriate grade levels under new standards, and establish procedures for implementation of new standard
- Initiate solutions and develop appropriate interventions for management on significant classification issues and concerns
- Ensure position classification accuracy and consistency in interpreting and applying position classification standards
- Provide authoritative interpretation and instructions on laws, regulations, policies and procedures
- Participate in special projects or comprehensive studies as identified by HR Management as it relates to Classification and/or Position Management
- Conduct occupational surveys to determine the need to alter grade levels with the occupation as to assure appropriateness considering changes within an organization
- 5 years of experience in Federal HR Classification
GovStrive offers a culture that supports work-life balance and invests in our employees’ development and personal growth. GovStrive offers a comprehensive benefit package, including PTO, healthcare, matching 401K, flexible hours and a collaborative work environment.