Data Scientist II
Title: Data Scientist II
Locations: Arlington, VA
We are looking for a passionate, experienced Data Scientist II who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
At GovStrive, we are committed and passionate about helping our federal clients better understand the needs of their workforce and support their critical operational priorities for HR. We help them transform their processes, data and systems to make better decisions for their organization -- all while supporting agency missions.
This is an opportunity to work for a company that has the feel of a technology start-up yet has the strength and support of an established firm. We care about the personal success of and invests in the professional development of our employees.
Join a growing team of dedicated professionals that will challenge you to do the best work of your life.
As a member of the Workforce Solutions team the Data Scientist II position supports projects and workstreams that help organizations manage data and develop standard reports that enable evaluation and optimization of business performance and operations. Critical components of this position include supporting the development and delivery of strategies, project approaches, deliverables, and recommendations and performing research and analysis. The Data Scientist II will also support the development of databases and rigorous methods of analysis that meet the needs of diverse clientele.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with federal agency on developing a robust recruiting analytics program to track, measure, and identify candidates to be hired in the agency
- Oversee the collection, preparation, and management of client data and publicly available government survey datasets.
- Design rigorous study protocols for client projects and deliverables.
- Conduct analyses of population survey and human resources data, including descriptive and inferential statistical tests (T-test, ANOVA Chi-Square, Pearson Correlation, linear and logistic regression, etc.).
- Train junior employees in methods and techniques of quantitative social science.
- Lead the development of reports for diverse clientele and according to established protocols.
- Lead a project workstream, work collaboratively with team members, prioritize work assignments and execute next steps.
- Support ongoing and new development of Innovative Tools and Analytics (IT&A).
- Use project management frameworks to track, maintain, and carry out key client activities.
- Prepare for and lead client meetings, internal meetings, and working sessions.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ years of experience, or a MA/PhD in social science or statistics.
GovStrive is dedicated to helping you grow professionally. We want to help you learn and grow throughout your career. We do this by aligning your personal development with GovStrive’s growth, and ongoing communication between you and your supervisor to ensure alignment.